.

Thursday 20 October 2011

Today..

Wow.. captivating title! Today after work I purchased something I have needed for a long time: a decent camera! I'm a total novice, so an SLR just isn't for me, but I did get a lovely little Nikon. in the sale, and i do love a bargain.



So i decided to go for a long walk to test my new baby out. Apparently, I'm not so good at the whole photography thing. Plus my 'long' walk turned in to a short walk due to endless unsavoury-looking characters being about and it being dark. Such a wuss! Despite that, I will share some of the photo's i took with you.


This was taken out of my bathroom window, on zoom. It's called the white horse, and it's about five miles away from my flat. Legend has it that the King George used to holiday in Weymouth, and a local architect created this to honor his love of the town. However as it show King George on his out leaving Weymouth, he was be-headed. Not sure how much truth is in this story!

This is the normal view out of the same window, no zoom. I'm a lucky girl, I know!




This morning at work, the fisherman bought us in some Lobsters, one in particular (His name is Gus.) was a biggun!
R.I.P

Cooked. Next to an 'average' size. (for restaurants)

If you happen to want to cook lobster, the most humane way is to freeze it for ten minutes before (it helps to numb the lobster) and then placing it in to fiercely boiling, heavily salted water. Boil it for 10 minutes per pound, and then an extra 2-3 minutes for each extra pound thereafter. In my opinion, Lobster is nice, but totally over-rated and far too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment